…Who are the 11,000 Scientists?…
A recent Washington Post Headline said:
“More than 11,000 Scientists From Around the World Declare a Climate Emergency”
When going to the source of the article, which was the Alliance of World Scientists, to get the list of 11,000 scientists I got this message.
Here is a screen shot from their website.
Perhaps the Washington Post should have checked the source before publishing the headline.
But, more importantly, “What do they believe?”
Here are a few key items from the “climate emergency” document signed by the 11,000 scientists. It establishes what they believe.
- “The climate crisis is closely linked to excessive consumption of the wealthy lifestyle.”
- “Profoundly troubling signs from human activities include sustained increases in both human and ruminant livestock populations” and “Decline in human fertility rates has substantially slowed during the last 20 years.”
- “To secure a sustainable future, we must change how we live.”
- “Eating mostly plant-based foods while reducing the global consumption of animal products.”
- “Our goals need to shift from GDP growth and the pursuit of affluence.”
- “Excessive extraction of materials and overexploitation of ecosystems, driven by economic growth, must be quickly curtailed to maintain long-term sustainability of the biosphere.”
- “Honoring the diversity of humans entails major transformations in the ways our global society functions and interacts with natural ecosystems.
There are also an abundance of grand sounding objectives centered on social justice and equal rights, but note the focus on “transforming global society.”
Transforming global society is the true objective of the climate change movement.
The head of the UNFCCC said this, as did a member of the IPCC. For proof, see, Climate Change and Socialism
The “climate emergency” document attempts to establish key measurements to guide policies around the world. According to the document, here are a few of the trends that must be reversed:
- The increase in passengers carried by airplanes must be reversed.
- Increasing world GDP must to be reversed.
- Increasing per capita meat production must be reversed.
- Increasing population must be reversed.
- Increasing population of ruminant livestock must be reversed.
These charts from the “climate emergency document” establishes a fixation on population, reminiscent of Ehrlich’s, The Population Bomb.
There are many other charts that are misleading at best. For example:
The chart on sea level rise is wrong and distorts the facts.
Another chart shows fossil fuel subsidies that include discounted prices for gasoline, such as in Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.
These discounted prices are to keep the cost of living low in these countries and has nothing to do with drilling or exploring for oil or natural gas.
They aren’t subsidies to support fossil fuels as inferred by the chart.
A third chart on tree cover loss completely ignores the greening of the world as a result of higher levels of atmospheric CO2.
Two questions not addressed in this “climate emergency” document are:
- Are people willing to return to a lifestyle that such policies would require?
- Who is going to establish the priorities and force people to adopt this lifestyle?
Forcing people to do something against their interest requires big government and force.
The list of 11,000 scientists has been found, but many are unqualified to comment on climate change or global warming.
While mechanical engineers and meteorologists have trained in many of the disciplines required for commenting on global warming, other disciplines such as Neuroscience, Psychology, Veterinary, Animal Behaviorist, Hydroinformatics, Zoo keeper, Agronomist/beekeeping, and Snake Preservation, among them, probably don’t qualify.
Even if they can make credible comments on climate change/global warming, their judgment is in question for signing an anti-human anti-freedom manifesto.
It’s doubtful anyone at the Washington Post read the “world climate emergency” document that they proudly endorsed.
In reality, the “climate emergency” document is a manifesto against humanity and freedom.
You can verify this conclusion by reading the document found as a pdf at http://bit.ly/2NtVkTb
. . .